Friday, June 15, 2012

The Next Adventure...

India 2006....Now the next adventure!

I will be leaving again for my next India adventure in just a few days...I am filled with excitement and awaiting what is to come.

It is hard to prepare for what is ahead, we will be arriving during the toughest seasons in India. Monsoon season has just begun, rain is expected for the first 10 days we will be there. The temperature will be in the 90s, but with approximately 80% humidity. Calcutta is a city of 4.5 million people (63,000 per square mile. Let the adventure begin...Hoping that the city is not knee deep in water when we arrive.

During my travels, I have seen real poverty, but not like the poverty I have experienced in India. I am excited about being able to volunteer with Missionaries of Charity again this year.
I reflect back on the last trip and my plans to volunteer and realize that I probably received more from that experience then I was able up give.

Thank you to all of you who have supported this trip and dream of mine. I would not be possible without all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment