We (Sara, Marie, Callie, and I) started our volunteer job yesterday with Missionaries of Charity. We are working in a home for mentally and physically challenged girls from 12 and up. We walked in not knowing exactly what to expect. Much to my surprise, I recognized a few of the girls from my last trip when they were much younger during my last assignment six years ago.
We are still figuring out how things work, but out second day was much smoother than the first! Our mornings begin with doing laundry from the previous day for 65 girls. (hand washing/ line hanging...more details to come, actually an entire post!) Activities for the girls who are divided up into groups by abilities. Lunch for the girls and nap time. Yes, it takes all 4 hours to make these four things happen!
It is all quite overwhelming to explain this and will have to be broken down in a few posts!
Special notes....
No one has been run over by a rickshaw!
No one has gotten sick yet!
The monsoon rains have not begun.
Marie and I half tricked Callie into eating street noodles made at Sunil's Chinese Noodle Palace, she liked them.
Ashley!!! I miss you so much!!! I am so happy that you get to go on these amazing adventures and I know that hopefully I'll get to join you in one of them!! I miss our daily phone calls and our random dancing but I know that you are having a great time and that you'll tell me all about it once you get back!! Have fun and enjoy everything!!
ReplyDeleteLove you!