Being in India, it is not IF you get Delhi Belly...It is only a matter if time UNTIL you do! I have promised to not disclose any other names of other Delhi Belly patrons :) in this posting. Sara, Marie, and Callie laughed as everyone we meet the first few days told us how they feel, it hey had been sick, how long it lasted even during dinner. My favorite was when a volunteer from Austria came up at dinner and asked us to relay a message to his group back at the Mother House (main building for Missionaries of Charity). "Please tell Mark from Canada that Daniel from Austria has not been feeling well. I have been running to the bathroom with diarrhea every five minutes for the past two day, but I am feeling better now." Marie almost fell out of her chair laughing as he walked away, because she did not get how much these conversations really do happen in India. Choosing a place to eat dinner is a BIG decision, especially if it puts you out of commission for 3 days! People even discuss how much water they are drinking, the number of times you have to actually go vs. sweating it all out, ask if you are drinking Gatorade or re-hydration packets, my new favorite term is "dreamsicle pee"...very bad thing to have in India. Get yourself hydrated!
Yes, I am actually posting this for the world to read! I survived my first 12 hour bout, no antibiotics, feeling great! Remember I am not disclosing any other names of Delhi belly patrons in this posting! If you are not willing to get sick in India, don't risk the trip... it WILL happen!
No comments:
Post a Comment