Monday, July 23, 2012

Driving Miss Daisy

Guess what...The taxi strike is still on for the 25th-26th. As you know I have been working on another plan to get to the airport, since it would be very difficult to get there by bus. I also looked into staying at a hotel near the airport and walking to the airport before my flight (not too fun, but an option.)

Instead I have been able to hire a Seva Kendra driver to take me to the airport on the 25th. I have never hired a driver before, kinda crazy. It does change the $4 taxi ride into a $14 driver + A/C car ride...The biggest plus is that I will make my flight and I will not be all sweaty before I get to the airport! I will then be staying in Mumbai for 6 days before returning home.

No comments:

Post a Comment