Friday, July 20, 2012

New Hotel...Seva Kendra

The Flynn girls left for home yesterday afternoon. It was a busy day of last minute shopping, saying goodbye, and packing up at the Galaxy Hotel. I have now moved into a new hotel that two volunteers we have worked with for the past 4 weeks are living. The Galaxy Hotel was more room than I needed for myself. We were paying 950 rupees per night (approximately $17 US dollars per night or about $4.25 per person). At Seva Kendra I am in a single room that I am paying $500 rupees per night. (a little less than $10 per night) I am going to be staying here for the next five days and then will be flying to Mumabi to stay with a friend's family near Mumbai for 6 days before I fly home. I am excited about living with an Indian family for a week. Everyone that I have spoken that has done this while they have been in India has had a wonderful experience.

The taxi strike is still on and I am working on making arrangements for the airport on the 25th. Please keep your fingers crossed for me!

1 comment:

  1. Callie's boil popped! Got a sick picture. My email is flynn.marie93@gmail.com. If you email me, I can send you the picture. Miss you and hope you are great!

    ReplyDelete