One thing India is very good at is installing fans everywhere. Most places do not have air conditioning unless they are a western type establishment. (McDonalds has great A/C, but the bathroom standards are similar to most Indian places...no McFlush there!) Fans are installed from crazy heights, sometimes 10-12 feet from the ceiling. There are not too many fans unless the fan blades are touching. I got very distracted in church the other day at St. Mary's (not Mother house), because I wanted to count all the fans in the church! I would have had to stand up and count, my best guess would be between 50-60 fans in the church. They are hung from the ceiling, hung on a slant by an L shaped bracket (only seen in India), and table top oscillating fans have been modified to hang on the walls. They have long blades, short squaty blades to fit in tight places, and dangerously wobbling blades. I should be having nightmares about death by fan blades! We are lucky to have two fans in our room, but they change speeds whenever they want...a little crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment