I begin this blog with mixed feelings. Tomorrow is my last day at Shanti Dan. This means that I am closer to coming home, but I am not looking forward to telling the girls bye. I know that many will not notice my absence and there are many other volunteers there, but I know that I will miss them! I will miss them laughing, their sweet smiles, and how they show their love through their love of life. I wish that you were all here to meet them, it is so very hard to even capture a small portion of who they are with a last day picture pass. When you bring you camera some recognize that they most likely will not be seeing you again.
Yesterday seeing the precious village children sitting on a carpet excited to share what they are learning at school got me excited about a new bunch of kinder babies back home. I realize I am moving from one place of need on the other side of the world to a place of need back home in the US. I am grateful to be able to have both! I never knew that I would be impacted this much by these girls here in India!
Yesterday seeing the precious village children sitting on a carpet excited to share what they are learning at school got me excited about a new bunch of kinder babies back home. I realize I am moving from one place of need on the other side of the world to a place of need back home in the US. I am grateful to be able to have both! I never knew that I would be impacted this much by these girls here in India!
No comments:
Post a Comment